Editors



Current Editors: Fareen Momin and Jane Onyemachi

(Please email editors if there is blog-worthy news that you would like to see shared)

Past Editors: Andrea Francis, Renat Ahatov, Michael Phan, Elise Weisert, Michael Ryan, Keith Wagner, Tim Allen, Kristyna Gleghorn, Dung Mac, Alex Acosta, William Tausend, Sheila Jalalat, Rebecca Philips, Chelsea Altinger, Lindsey Hunter, Alison Wiesenthal, Leslie Scroggins, Mara Dacso, Ashley Group, Fadi Constantine, Emily Fridlington, Joslyn Witherspoon, Tasneem Poonawalla.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Medical Students Enjoy UTMB Dermatology Film Class


Medical students are not shy about telling others about their favorite classes at UTMB. Here are some of their recent unsolicited comments about Dr. Wagner’s film class (DERU-4007 and DERU-4051):
 
Thanks for teaching such a wonderful class! It has truly changed my perspective on patients with skin disease. I've learned that I must remember to address the psychological impact of the disease on the patient's life in addition to treating the disease itself.”
 
I always wanted to take a film course during my time at UT, but never could due to the course restrictions of being a science major. However, I really enjoyed all of the fun discussion of your course, and I now have a new appreciation for the portrayal of disease in film and for overall film critique in general.”