Editors



Current Editors: Fareen Momin and Jane Onyemachi

(Please email editors if there is blog-worthy news that you would like to see shared)

Past Editors: Andrea Francis, Renat Ahatov, Michael Phan, Elise Weisert, Michael Ryan, Keith Wagner, Tim Allen, Kristyna Gleghorn, Dung Mac, Alex Acosta, William Tausend, Sheila Jalalat, Rebecca Philips, Chelsea Altinger, Lindsey Hunter, Alison Wiesenthal, Leslie Scroggins, Mara Dacso, Ashley Group, Fadi Constantine, Emily Fridlington, Joslyn Witherspoon, Tasneem Poonawalla.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

UTMB’s 2011 Outstanding Overall Resident Award


Dr. John Stephens, the 2011 awardee, was unable to attend his award ceremony in UTMB’s Caduceus Room today, so his award was accepted by UTMB’s Dermatology Program Director, Dr. Richard Wagner. Dr. Stephens wrote the following statement, which was read to the group in attendance:

“I would like to thank the graduate medical education committee at UTMB for this great honor. I am sorry that I can’t be present to accept the award. I have been lucky enough to be part of a great department over the past few years and would like to share this award with my fellow residents, faculty, and support staff. UTMB has provided me with a great opportunity to explore the art of medicine and develop my skills as a physician. I am thankful to have been able to learn from some truly wonderful residents and faculty during my time here. I hope this recognition inspires a continued commitment to excellent patient care and medical education for many years to come. Thanks again.”

This award is made annually by the UTMB Graduate Medical Education Committee from nominations received from UTMB Residency and Fellowship Directors from over 500 house staff. Dr. Stephens was the Department of Dermatology nominee in 2010 as well, and received the departmental award for Excellent Service and Leadership by a Dermatology Resident.

Congratulations on this outstanding professional achievement, Dr. Stephens!